Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Specialty Areas in Occupational Therapy

Today in Foundations of OCP, we discussed different specialty areas in occupational therapy and why all of these are important. I enjoyed learning about these areas and getting a better understanding of each specialty. There are different requirements and tests that one is required to complete before earning a specialty. There are a few areas that I definitely do not have any intentions in specializing in but I still find them interesting to learn about. One in particular is the driving and community mobility specialization. I find the adapted vehicles so intriguing! I love learning about them and seeing how each one is different and custom made for an individual. However, I don't think that this is an area I would personally ever choose to specialize in because teaching others how to drive is not necessarily a strong point I have. So while the specialty is definitely needed and interesting, I can highly respect those who choose to specialize in this area because I know that it would not be an easy task at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment