Tuesday, May 16, 2017

My Learning Experience in Foundations of Occupation Centered Practice

I really enjoyed this class throughout these past few months. I feel as if this class was a solid way to begin teaching me about the profession of occupational therapy and everything that we stand for as practitioners. There were several things I learned from doing occupational profiles, code of ethics, scopes of practice, activity analysis, the history of OT, intervention tools and methods, goal writing, and many other vital important skills that really did help to build a foundation as I continue my education in this program and even into the practicing in the field one day. One of my favorite things we did in this class was the activity analysis. Although, it seemed intimidating I actually enjoyed attempting to do one accurately. I, of course, did not do it perfectly but I definitely learned the areas that needed improvement. Getting to share our activities with a small group in a class was also really exciting and I enjoyed hearing how my peers thought about different ways to adjust an activity if needed. If we could have done more activity analysis', I would not have complained! Overall, I enjoyed this class very much and learned a lot throughout its course!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent feedback, Alicia - I appreciate your input and your hard work in this course!

    ReplyDelete