Monday, April 3, 2017

Daily Challenge #1 for OT 537

After watching the Ted Talk given by Aimee Mullins, I learned a great deal about how much influence we as clinicians have on our clients. She mentioned that her therapist saw her as a strong, independent little girl when she was only five and that she carried that attitude into her adulthood. She also mentioned how we as adults who have power can ignite a fire in a child. I felt this was very relevant to my future career as an occupational therapist. Providing my clients with a positive attitude and viewing them as whole and strong can definitely give my client the motivation to not only succeed in the therapy sessions and treatment but also during the rest of his or her life. She pointed out how one person had a lifelong affect on how she viewed herself which was complete and capable. I would love to be that person for others in the future and to have that big of a positive impact on someone else's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment